Stabbing Pain In Shin I Think I Have Shin Splints?

I think I have shin splints? - stabbing pain in shin

I think I have shin splints. ) (As above.
Swim up to 11 times per week, so I'm a swimmer and play footy, soccer, cricket and hockey. I cross-country, but only if I hate (swimmer is running). Lately, I felt really sharp stabbing pains in my legs after jogging or playing soccer / footy / hockey. It hurts to walk, but the pain usually disappears after about half an hour of exercise. It does not hurt when I swim when I'm doing the syndrome of the medial tibia. How do I know? And if so, what should I do? How can I isolate it, if my tibialis anterior, my tibia (bone), or both?
Cheers.

2 comments:

Fred S said...

Shin splints is a painful inflammation causes the condition, that is on the front and inside of the shin. In many cases, can cause cramping in the legs by intense physical activity such as running or jumping and is a disease that often last a lot longer to heal can.

The symptoms of leg cramps may print and / or sensitivity to the tibia, especially after running or walking long distances. Shin splints are usually caused by excessive stretching of the muscles and tendons in the shin bone (tibia and fibula). Overuse of the muscles of athletes and runners is the most common factor. Excessive pronation of the feet, but can also be an important factor. Excessive pronation leads to an internal rotation and the forces of traction th tibiaE muscles and ligaments in the legs.

In the short term, the rest is needed to help the pain in his legs, running and other strenuous activities should be avoided until reduced to a minimum. Shin splints can often avoid warming up before strenuous physical activity.

Use proper footwear is also a good way to prevent and the effect of leg cramps, especially for runners who strike with the heel. Running shoes with a good stability of the rear foot are important. Orthoses are useful because they prevent excessive pronation and provide cushioning in the heel to reduce impact while helping the stability of the heel.

Please note the following links for more information.

http://www.footminders.com/shin-pain-shi ...

Adavis said...

for muscle, I would like to put a part of it, and perhaps the resistance when the pain is new, and knows where the shoe presses, however, as you say that the isolation of specific muscles is not easy. I'd be in his position as a sport, I visit a sports rehabilitation, and secondly, the level of cross-country. Assuming that your proposes in the learning of anatomy, she understands the proceedings Shin splints difficult to reduce the impact of sport, if you do not want to worsen.

Post a Comment